Shipping & Returns
🇦🇺 The Unusual Pear is an Australian based online store, located in Newcastle, NSW.
⏰ All orders will be dispatched via Australia Post in 1-5 days after payment has been received. If you select "Express Post" your order will be dispatched in 1-2 days. I do my best to get orders out as soon as possible.
🏠 Free local pick up available from my home studio in Lambton, Newcastle. Please use the local pick up option at the checkout. Once your order is ready to be picked up, I will email you with my address and to arrange a suitable time for collection.
🌿 I am really pleased to let you know that I choose carbon neutral parcel delivery
AUSTRALIAN 🐨 ORDERS
- Your order will likely arrive within 3-5 business days once dispatched (5-6 business days for WA).
- All orders come with a tracking number. You can track your package here.
INTERNATIONAL 🌎 ORDERS
- USA - Your order will likely arrive within 6-10 business days* once dispatched.
- United Kingdom - Your order will likely arrive within 8-12* business days once dispatched.
- Other Countries - to get an estimated arrival timeframe, please use the Australia Post shipping calculator. The "from" Postcode is 2294.
- The "Standard" shipping options includes tracking information. "Economy Air" does not.
- Any customs charges, duties or taxes are the buyers responsibility.
- * Estimates based on standard delivery times between metropolitan areas of major cities. Excludes public holidays and time in customs if applicable, and may be subject to delay due to causes outside of Australia Post's control.
I gladly accept returns and exchanges for most items. Please contact me within 7 days of receiving your order if you wish to request a refund or exchange.
- Custom orders and sale items are final.
- The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.
- All returns must be in their original condition, unused and returned in the packaging they came in.
While I have done my best to photograph these products to represent their true colours, please note that colours may vary slightly from screen to screen.
Please read the descriptions of each product to understand the sizing of the product and what is included in the price.
No props are included in the sale.
I weigh my yarns and roving with digital scales, although, weights may vary by a few grams.
All laser cut products are made with FSC certified wood.
All laser cut products come in a natural finish, and will change colour over time due to the natural oils in your skin. If you like, you can apply a wax, oil or stain to the timber but it is not essential.
Some of my laser cut products are sanded by hand which results in slight surface variations.
All yarn and fibre is sourced responsibly from ethical manufacturers.
Most of my products do not come with unnecessary packaging. This is to reduce the economic footprint of my business. Most orders are packaged in tissue paper with a business card and some confetti for a bit of fun!
Please dispose of this packaging responsibly.
- Cardboard boxes, tissue paper and confetti can be recycled or home composted
- Business cards can be given to friends who might be interested in The Unusual Pear
- If your order arrived in a HeroPack mailer, this is home compostable with your food scraps and will turn into useable compost in around 180 days if used correctly.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend the workshop you have booked in for, a minimum of 5 days notice prior to the workshop date is required for cancellation and refund.
- Cancellations within 5 days of the workshop date will not be eligible for a refund, however, if you have purchased a weaving kit with the workshop booking, I will post the weaving kit out to you.
Available to Australian residents only
Rental Price Per Month
The rental price is calculated at 10% of the retail price. The price listed is per month. If you wish to rent the equipment for longer, you can rent for up to 3 months. Each month will incur an additional rental fee to be paid at the beginning of each month.
The rental date starts the day equipment arrives to you and ends 30 days after. The rental equipment is to be sent back the day after the rental period has finished or if falls on a weekend or holiday, is to be sent back the next business day.
With each piece of equipment rented, there will be a bond to be paid. This bond will be refunded within 7 days of the rental equipment being returned and inspected. If during inspection, there is any sign of damage, the bond may be fully or partially witheld. It is very important when shipping the equipment back, that it is returned with all original packaging – including padding.
The shipping fee for rental equipment is $15.00 and return shipping fee is $15.00. The $30.00 combined shipping fee is due at the beginning of the rental period. If at the end of the rental period, you would like to purchase the equipment, the $15.00 return shipping fee will be deducted from your remaining balance due. There is the option for Local Pick Up in Lambton 2299 at the checkout to void the shipping charges.
Upon completion of the rental period, the equipment must be returned in it’s original, disassembled condition (in which it came to you) and with all original packaging and with all supplies included. I will email you a shipping label which you will need to print at home, sign and attach to the packing, then you can take to any Australia Post shop for return.
If you have decided you would like to purchase the equipment you have rented, the bond and return shipping fee may be withheld as part payment, with the balance to be paid within 14 days. There will be a 10% discount on used rental equipment and a 5% discount on new equipment.