Weaving Workshop - Beginners Tapestry - 8th September
Have you been itching to catch the weaving bug? Come along to my Beginners Weaving Workshop where you will be taught the skills to make hand woven tapestries.
Where & When:
The Fernery - 84 Fern Street, Islington
Saturday 8th of September 2018 10:00am - 1:00pm
What you’ll learn:
In this workshop you will learn some essential techniques for tapestry weaving including how to warp your loom, plain weaving, weaving with wool roving, soumak braiding and how to make rya tassels. We will turn our woven sample piece into a wall hanging but with the skills you will learn, you can apply this to make other textiles too.
- A 3 hour workshop taught by Rainie of The Unusual Pear
- A beautiful selection of wools to create your weaving and a piece of wood to hang your completed piece
- Afternoon tea and light refreshments
- Your completed weaving to take home with you & a head full of fresh ideas to start creating your own beautiful designs.
- You will be learning to weave on the Lil Sista Loom and have access to all the appropriate weaving tools throughout the workshop. If you would like to continue weaving at home, you may like to purchase a weaving kit here - use the code WORKSHOP when you check out to void the shipping costs and pick up your goodies at the workshop!
Reviews from some lovelies who have attended this workshop
"Weaving workshop was fun, informative, very well presented and put together and exceptional value for money! Very successful in my opinion and fabulous for those who want to try something new/ creative :)" - Jenni
"I loved this workshop so much. Three hours went way too fast, but obviously a sign of a good time being had. And I am really happy with my little creation. Thanks so much Rainie." - Natasha
"A wonderful introduction to weaving. Rainie delivers lots of useful information in a very calm and positive manner. The tools provided are of excellent quality. I left feeling inspired and confident to create further projects on my own. Would recommend this workshop to anyone interested in weaving" - Gai
"A fantastic introduction to weaving. I found your workshop really worthwhile and inspiring. So many tips & tricks!! A must for anyone who uses an Unusual Pear loom or wants to learn weaving in general! Thanks Rainie" - Kels O'Sullivan
Terms & Conditions:
You may be photographed at this event.
If you purchase a spot then find you are unable to attend the workshop, please let me know within five days of the workshop date and you will be issued either a refund or credit note. No refunds will be issued for cancellations when less than five working days' notice is given.
Please ensure you provide me with your best contact details including email address and phone number of each person attending (if you are purchasing more than one spot).